Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2003 dodge Durango stalls had about everything checked and

Customer Question

2003 dodge Durango stalls had about everything checked and fixed engine light been on for 7 years always put regular gas is this the problem. Bought this brand new started having problems a year ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

You have told me lots of things you changed but failed to tell me what your problem is or why you changed all of these unrelated components.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Transmission went out a year an a half ago. Put in a rebuilt not to long after that car started to stall. That's when the mechanic started trying to find out what was going on. My engine light has been on for 7 years no one can seem to fix the problem to keep the engine light off. Now I wonder could it be because I've always run regular gasoline in the car?

The vehicle will run fine without setting any codes on any regular pump gas above 87 octane so I highly doubt that is your issue.

What codes are stored in the computer?