Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2005 Dodge Caravan SXT I purchased about 3 weeks

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Dodge Caravan SXT I purchased about 3 weeks ago. The other day I turned the A/C on and it wouldn't blow. I turned it off, then on again and it worked fine. Well, last night when I was driving it was making this weird noise when I accelerated. It was here in town so I didn't go over 20, A/C was running. When I put it in park I noticed it was making that noise when I revved it, but only between 1500-2500 RPMs. I let it sit all night and started it this morning, same noise during the same time. If I rev up to say 3500, as the RPMs drop it makes that noise on the way down in between those RMPs again. I turned the A/C, and everything else (radio, etc.) off to see if it would still make the noise and it does, but not the A/C won't blow at all. Neither will the heat.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
You have a couple of separate unrelated issues. No air flow when turning on the AC or Heater is due to either faulty blower motor, faulty blower motor resistor, or faulty control panel. They would need to be tested with a multimeter.
The noise is not related to that issue. You need to check to see if the noise is from the the front of the engine where the belt is, or at rear of engine where the transmission meets it.
IF at at the rear, then it is torque converter noise. If at the front, the belt and the pulleys need to be listened to with a mechanic's stethoscope to isolate source of noise
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks