Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2014 ram 3500 diesel I wont to get a lock on my

Customer Question

I have a 2014 ram 3500 diesel I wont to get a lock on my fuel door but at the shop they don't have any thing. who was the pea head who thought of the idea of having a capless fuel tank and def right beside it with no way of locking it. all it take is one asshole to dump something in either and there goes my $90000 investment. I have looked a the doors on line and don't wont to take the chance it does not fit snug. what should I do?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 1 year ago.

I fully understand your pain. They have gone cap less with a lot of the vehicles as well. I know of companies that sale caps for the fuel side of the set up so that nothing gets into the filler neck unless you want it to.

http://www.genosgarage.com/FUEL-FILL-DIESEL-CAP-GREEN-ALUMINUM-13-15-67L/productinfo/LT-DIESEL-CAP/#.Vb1FX-RRGM8

Its not a locking door or cap but a cap none the less.

Geno's Garage also offers the locking door for your truck as well. It comes in brushed and polished.

http://www.genosgarage.com/LOCKING-FUEL-DOOR-BRUSHED-ALUMINUM-13-15/productinfo/AS-6047BL/#.Vb1FreRRGM8

With the two items you can stop any one from getting access to the fuel filler and also with the cap....make sure nothing gets into the tube with it being cap less.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER