sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My 2000 dodge durango is stuck in 4wd knob on the dash

Customer Question

My 2000 dodge durango is stuck in 4wd
knob on the dash flashes when I try to shift out. Means conditions aren't right to shift
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It's possible that you have a transfer case module, wiring or transfer case motor issue but depending on what mode it's in you may simply need to use the correct procedure. I'm wondering if you're in four low and are simply moving the switch.
If you're in four low then what you'll need to do is move the switch to two wheel drive. While rolling in drive, not touching the brake and driving in a straight line, put the transmission shifter in neutral. As you pass through 2-3 MPH it will then shift, when you hear it stop then you can place the transmission back in gear.