bill
bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert
5203640

What's manufacturer's part numbers and the cost of a

Customer Question

what's manufacturer's part numbers and the cost of a new muffler system?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

I need the vin to get the correct numbers

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

also need to know if this has stow and go or not

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1d4gp24r45b245641
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No stow-n-go
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

thanks

the OEM number is ***** that's the muffler and resonator all a welded piece and SHOULD come with isolators and brackets and the correct clamp

the LIST price is 489.00.

now that's LIST and the dealer can charge whatever that they want, many charge 10% over list and just as many charge list, some give regular service customers a discount off list and ALL will give a "trade" price to any shop they do regular business with that price all depends on how much business the repair shop does with them, you can also google this number and find many dealers selling parts online for a discount BUT you will need to add shipping and handling into the price as well, if you plan on getting it from a local dealer have your vin handy as they WILL NOT order any part without it, this is to be sure you get the correct part, if you give them a number and they order it and it's wrong (catalogs can be wrong they are only as good as the person inputting the data) you eat it IF they order it off the VIN and it's wrong they eat it

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

there are many aftermarket systems available as well BUT they will come in pieces and the quality varies with price, walker makes a good one BUT there are many different levels they sell as well I find many times buying the system in pieces is close to the factory system and the cheaper systems need more "fitting" than the oem one

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought a left rear turn signal assembly on the internet that was suppose to be a maunfacturere replacement but the connector was not compatible. There was no way to make the replacement work unless I cut the old one off and then splice the wiring. I am having trouble with the color code. The new assembly has two wires (red w/blk stripe/whitew/blk stripe) backup and three wires (Blk w/grn strip,Grn w/blk strip, Grn w/white strip) for break and turn signal. My v an has four whire -- Blk w/ grn str, Wh w/grn str, Wh w/lime str, and white with blk str). I assume that all of the Wh w/ blk str need to be tied together. What are the others?
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
sir I answered a question about EXHAUST this is an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT question and must be submitted as a new question, you have not rated the exhaust question as of yet, do you need further assistance on that question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what wires do I connect to make it work???
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
1) you have not rated the ORIGINAL question about your exhaust yet.
2) the question you seem to have confused here is locked by customer service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bill, I will not be available for phone conversation -- I have a wedding shortly and then afternoon confessions and Mass. I gave you the VIN for my Dodge. Just tell me which wire to connect from the wire list that I gave you. Thanks
What have you tried so far?: several combinations of wire connections without success. My vehicle wires are Blk-grn str, Wh-grmn str, Wh-lime str, and Wh -blk str... The backup light bulb wire on the new are Rd-blk str andWh- blk str...the new turn light wires are Blk-grn str, Wh-grn str, Wh-lime str, and Wh-blk... Which ones should be connected? Dodge 2005 Grand Caravan VIN 1D4GP24R5B245641
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

i am sorry I am not set up for live calls, and not doing a 2 for 1 deal I answered your first question about the exhaust and you asked a totally different second question without rating me, had you rated me positively and ASKED me if I would answer the second one I likely would have, I am opting out now and reopening this to another expert please DO NOT respond as you will be locked to me and no one else will be able to help you.