Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2013 Power Wagon with the 5.7 hemi. The engine

Customer Question

Hi Josh, i'm Mike. I have a 2013 Power Wagon with the 5.7 hemi. The engine makes a ticking noise.... almost sounds like an exhaust leak by the manifolds, but its not. Coming from the engine. It gets louder when hot. And gets way louder when under a load. I can be cruising down the road at 2,000rpm and barely hear it, but when i give it like half throttle it gets louder. Staying at 2,000 rpm. Any ideas?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Which side is the noise coming from? I would remove the valvecover and inspect the rocker arms.. Is it misfiring and is the check engine light on? Are you sure the exhaust manifold bolts on the back 2 cylinders arent broke?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its runs great. No engine light. Not sure about the manifold bolts. Its coming from both sides and you can hear it better at idle from the top of the engine, but it gets real loud higher rpm from bottom of engine. It is NOT rpm related. 2 dealers told me it was not exhaust.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They also said it wasn't rpm related
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a video recording so I can listen to it?