Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Dodge ram 1500 5.7: Someone put honey in my fuel tank. Changed

Customer Question

Someone put honey in my fuel tank. Changed injectors, fuel pump, and plugs. Cleaned everything. Put back together. Runs rough and lacks the normal hemi power. Have to prime the fuel system via keyswitch when starting.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Did you replace the fuel line also? Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Flushed lines out with carb cleaner and air. After starting running rough I pulled injectors and there was no honey residue visable as before.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, well flushing the lines may not be enough. Any sugar based substance coats the walls of the lines and can restrict the flow of fuel. Honey is water based and carb cleaner will not break it down. Whenever we see issues like this, we tell the insurance company that EVERYTHING needs to be replaced. Sometimes we even replace the fuel tank. So at this point, I recommend replacing the fuel line also. Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I will try that. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome!
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how it goes after the line is replaced.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem?
Chris