Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Durango: front ac blows hot air and the rear ac works fine.

Customer Question

front ac blows hot air and the rear ac works fine. 2006 Durango 5.7l, limited
Category: Dodge
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.
Hello...welcome and thank you for using justanswer.The first ting you need to do is checking the two ac lines that go into the cabin at the fire wall,engine compartment.There are a fat and a skinny line ,see if one is hot and the other cold.If you do have a cold line your problem is going to be the blend door actuator ,this is a small electric motor that controls the temperature .The only problem is the location of this actuator ,this is not an easy job once the complete dash has to come apartto replace this part , about 6 hours job.Once this is an expensive job I would recommend monitoring this actuator with scanner for operation before taking anything apart, this are very common but I would definitely make sure .Did you hear a knocking sound coming from your dash lately ,special when switching setting on the control knobs ? Goo luck.Let me know.Thank you very much.
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ...have you work on your vehicle yet ?
Do you need any help ?
Let me know.
Thank you.