sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Having trouble with 2003 dodge van red caravan pulled out

Customer Question

having trouble with 2003 dodge van red caravan pulled out 3.3 engine had cylinders bored installed complete engine kit when I started up engine it missed on 2 center cylinders I checked for spark I have spark I have new spark plugs and wires and changed
intake gaskets again still have same problem removed fuel injectors and tested and they were working and spraying fuel in a good pattern changed coil and map censor, computer and checked for vacuum leaks did compression check and two center cylinders were
a little lower but in the range they should fire. Vacuum gauge installed to check vacuum and vacuum readings were 15 inch pounds and sometimes 16 inch pounds
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You manifold vacuum is low which could be because the engine is running poorly or it may be an engine mechanical issue.
The miss may be from a lack of spark due to a coil driver issue, an injector or injector driver issue or a localized vacuum leak but the lower compression is significant. If the cylinders that are missing are lower than the others then that is very possibly the cause of the miss. Lower compression will create less power, misfire monitor is a measure of how much acceleration of the crankshaft is created by each cylinder when it fires.
What was the compression reading for each cylinder? Was a static and running test done?