Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Ram 1500 hemi 5.7: Yes have a P06 #6 misfire on check engine

Customer Question

Yes have a P06 #6 misfire on check engine light on my hemi 5.7 ram 1500 2009.which coil pack location would be associated with a #6 misfire.also what is the numbering location on all cylinders is it starting from right side 1-4 from back to forward then #5 as first on the left and second one on left from the front is #6 then 7 then #8 at the very back on left? Could coil pack or plugs cause cylinder misfire?what order would you troubleshoot and what are all the possibilities..please give me cylinder/coil pack number locations as well as troubleshooting location thx
.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.
Hello..welcome and thank you for using Justanswer.Driver side ,from radiator(front of vehicle ) to fire wall...cylinder 1,3,5 and 7 ,this is the one closest to the driver.Passenger side from radiator(front of vehicle ) to fire wall...cylinder 2,4,6and 8Cylinder number 6 is located on passenger side ,second cylinder from fire wall.Yes ,ignition coil and spark plug are the most common misfiring problem, to see if the coil is the problem ,switch the 6 cylinder coil with another one and then run the engine until the check engine light come ON, scan it again to see if the code change to the cylinder where you installed the suspected bad coil. Good luck.Let me know.Thank you very much.
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.
Hi there...have you work on your vehicle yet ?
Do you need any other help ?
let me know.
Thank you very much.