Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

Dodge: 2007 Dodge Charger 3.5 V6, the electronic throttle controlRead

Customer Question

2007 Dodge Charger 3.5 V6, the electronic throttle control
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/3uo5z-2007-dodge-charger-3-5-v6-electronic-throttle-control.html#ixzz3hNLxUIVM
The customer never mentioned if this fix the issue. I have this same problem. I've swapped the throttle body and tried the key turn relearn. We I hit about 75 MPH or 3000rpm the lighting bolt indicator turns on.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Anytime the ETC light comes on the computer will set and store a fault code and codes. In order to be able to be able to help you we are going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. Most part stores will run the scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the results, we can work from there to get this resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had it scanned a couple of times and I even purchased a OBDII to test it. No codes were reported. The OBDII works because I ran it on two other cars and received codes. It use to only happen in cold weather, but now it happens all of the time. If I drive 55Mph and don't let the RPMS get pass 2000, the ETC light will never come on. Is there a sensor between the ETC and the PCM that maybe causing this abrupt reaction?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
If the ETC light is coming on then the system has to be setting a code. Your code reader will not usually allow this code to be retrieved and in most cases you need a compatible scan tool.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok ..I will get it scanned today
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Make sure its scanned with a compatible full scan tool and not just a code reader and you should be able to retrieve any stored fault codes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get it scanned tomorrow
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Okay, post back when you have the results and we can work from there.