Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Dodge ram hemi: I have a 2009 ram hemi, p1004 code flashed

Customer Question

I have a 2009 ram hemi, p1004 code flashed x2 is the actuator easily replaceable and what part number/cost is involved. I read above that the plenum is not normally the problem??
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! The intake will need to be removed, but once it is removed, the actuator is easy to replace. The actuator part number is ***** and runs around $80.00. Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar and hit enter to see the procedure. I hope this helps!
Chris
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iye4qofpswpudgx/5.7%20short%20runner%20valve.doc?dl=0
.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, just checking to make sure tat you got the procedure I sent yesterday. Let me know if you did or did not, and if needed, I will resend it again.
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris, thank you for your response.
Could the problem be the short runner valve actuator or is that a different code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh im sorry not i got it. so the actuator is on the inside of the plenum. I thought i saw a drawing that showed the actuator on the outside?
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Well the actuator is on the back side of the plenum. Once you remove the plenum, then you can change it. Note: When you get the actuator off, turn the shaft and verify that it moves freely and is not binding up. If so, install the new actuator and reinstall the plenum. You should be good to go!! Chris