Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge: . I changed the transmission in my 07 dodge 1500 ram

Customer Question

Hi. I changed the transmission in my 07 dodge 1500 ram truck; cranked it, took it for a drive, catalytic converter pipe broke on the bottom side of the converter, tried to take it to the shop to fix it; truck started overloading with gas and misting; took off battery cable, reset the computer, it ran fine for 2-3 miles; started misting again; took battery cable off once again, bought it home, now when I turn engine over it won't start and has a scent (stinky, perhaps bad gas) to the engine.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?