Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Ram 3500 4X4: I have a 2006 5.9HO 325 hp. I have lots of light

Customer Question

I have a 2006 5.9HO 325 hp. I have lots of light blue smoke from the exhaust when on a long down hill grade. I was having a blowby problem and losing oil through the crankcase breather system. This seems to have stopped and a manometer check showed that the pressure was well within spec. The engine runs smooth and quiet after changing out # ***** &6 injectors. There is 230,000 km or approx. 143,000 miles on the truck.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
To me, this actually sounds like you may have an additonal injector beginning to fail or possibly one of the ones that had already failed and were replaced caused some piston and/or cylinder wall damage. This is somewhat common if an injector happened to fail by causing too much heat in a given cylinder. Engine damage can be caused in a VERY short time with a failed injector especially if you try to accelerate hard on an engine that exhibits loud fuel knock under heavy acceleration.. I had an engine fail in less than 30 seconds while road testing a truck that had a failed injector. I went around the block, turned the corner, accelerated hard and lost cylinder number 6 during the road test. Unfortunately, engine short block had to be replaced on that unit....
______________________________________
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer!
Thank you!
Robert