Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2500 slt: Ihave a 2003 dodge ram 2500pickup. Low mileage {25000).It

Customer Question

Ihave a 2003 dodge ram 2500pickup. Low mileage {25000).It has a gage dash instruments.
started to show 0 oil pressure on first start after being off for a while. I shut the motor off and checked the oil with the dip stick; it was full and clean. All oil changes were with synthetic oil and new filter every year. When engine was restarted the oil pressure gage registered normal oil pressure. What is going on with the oil pressure gage ????This truck has a 5.7 liter hemy v-8, and runs smooth and strong. Next day I started the truck and the gage showed 0 oil pressure .I immediately shut the motor off and restarted it. the gage showed normal oil pressure this time. What is wrong? Bought the truck new, this is the first time it is acting this way.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
You will need to connect either a scantool or manual oil pressure gauge to monitor the actual oil pressure to determine if it's an electrical issue or mechanical issue..