Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Ram 1500ST 4X4 QC 5.7L: Brad , I've recently I stalled

Customer Question

Hello Brad , I've recently I stalled an OEM backup cam kit on my 2014 1500st 4x4 QC , 5.7L
I have a crystal clear video image on the radio screen RA2 5.0 ,But I have no active grid line settings under Safty/ Parkview settings AND I do not have the grid lines displayed on the radio screen ? I've troubleshot the linbus signal as far as I can , I rang the linbus from the C-5 connector @the BCM socket #45 with the connector disconnected @ the BCM SO from the BCM side of socket 45 orange/dk blue wire all the way to socket #2 @ the camera plug , this is checking continuity through 2ea connectors and my solder splice (purple wire to orange /dk blue) the resistance =2.3 ohms , I think this is high , but I can't find anything wrong with harnesses or pins and sockets . I'm using wire diagrams form tech authority ( vin# ***** ) I've temporarily installed another camera from a buddy's truck and still no lines ? I'm thinking a signal between the the BCM and the clockspring is missing ? By t
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
the grid lines are a function of the steering angle sensor NOT the bcm, if there is an issue with the steering angle sensor or it is NOT properly programmed there will be no grid lines, the steering angle sensor is how the grid lines turn with the wheel, did you have the correct vin codes added to the vin of this truck and have the vehicle configuration restored?a witeck scan tool will be required for this
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
do you still need assistance?