Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

DODGE DAKOTA SPORT: 1999 DODGE DAKOTA SPORT 318 V8 THAT THE

Customer Question

1999 DODGE DAKOTA SPORT 318 V8 THAT THE AIRBAG LIGHT WILL COME ON AND THEN BEEPS THREE OR FOUR TIMES THEN IT WILL GO OFF FOR A LITTLE WHILE THEN THE LIGHT AND BEEPS COME BACK ON HOW CAN I FIX OR RESET IT
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. This is most likely a failing air bag clock spring in the steering column behind the steering wheel. The wires in the clock spring can start to break and cause this intermittent air bag light to come on. Have the air bag codes checked at a shop or auto parts store. If there is a code for "driver's side squib circuit open", then have the clock spring replaced. If you want to replace it yourself, then let me know and I will send you the procedure. Note you will need to rent a steering wheel puller to remove the steering wheel and replace the clock spring. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!
Thank you!
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello?