Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Ram 1500 V8: P0123 We replaced this part and no change, we

Customer Question

P0123 We replaced this part and no change, we took the part back to the parts house and bought a higher quality TPS. No change, this truck acts like when you give it fuel it wants to fall on its face, you can slowly give it fuel to a point but the longer it runs the worse it is.
Suggestions?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** a 16 Yr Dodge dealership technician and I will be helping you with your question today...
I would try a OEM part from Dodge and see if you still have issues.: Aftermarket parts are not as high quality as OEM..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know OEM makes a difference, thats why I tryed a higher quality aftermarket part. is that all you have to offer me? any other suggestions, maybe a bad Cam Sensor or something that can cause this code

?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Have you ran any tests or just replaced the TPS hoping it would fix it? If you have not performed any diagnostic tests see the attached file and run it to determine the cause of the P0123 Let me know the results,Brad