sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

SLT DAKOTA: 95 DODGE DAKOTA LIGHTS BLINKING ON AND OFF. I REPLACED

Customer Question

95 DODGE DAKOTA LIGHTS BLINKING ON AND OFF. I REPLACED THE DIMMER SWITCH AND STILL BLINKING ON AND OFF.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem could be iring but it's more likely to be the headlamp switch. The switch contains an internal circuit breaker which will open when current draw on the circuit goes too high. It's possible that current draw is going too high due to a short to ground in the wiring but it isn't uncommon for the switches on these to fail and cause the breaker to start overheating when it shouldn't.
You can check for power leaving the switch when the problem is happening. If you're losing power at the switch then you can disconnect the bulbs and check for short to ground on the output circuit. If there isn't a short to ground then the switch an be condemned.