Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Dodge ram 1500: Having an issue with the abs and e brake warning

Customer Question

Having an issue with the abs and e brake warning lights on. Also there is no ac as well as the speedometer fluctuates wildly in park or at lights. It also more recently started stalling when at a light but has no trouble starting back up. I read about the spped sensor issues and replaced mine but that did not fix anything. I also checked all my connections from the sensor to the fuse box still to no avail. Please help.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common component that may cause all of these issues on Dodge or Chrysler is the instrument cluster itself.It is a computer of its own and a main computer in the vehicle and if it starts to short out or fail internally will cause electrical issues.I would have this tested further first having the codes checked to see if this is the possible cause needing repaired or replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well sounds like I still need to see the dealer. I guess it was a waste of money asking for help here. Thanks for trying.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize as in some cases more testing is required to locate the fault and with an issue like this here this requires a scan tool that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle and further testing.If there is anything else I can help you with let me know and feel free to rate my help.
Thanks Pete