sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

The 1999 2.4 stratus started within 20 seconds it quit. I can

Customer Question

the 1999 2.4 stratus started within 20 seconds it quit. I can not get it to turn over,and sounds realistic to begin.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that will cause a no crank condition. If the engine died and now the starter doesn't engage then most likely the powertrain control module is not awake. The PCM is the module that controls all engine functions.
If the PCM is down it could have an internal failure, could be missing a power or ground, a sensor ground circuit may be shorted to voltage, a 5v or 8v reference circuit may be shorted ground. These can be internally shorted sensors or wiring issues.
If the PCM is down then the fuel pump won't run when the key is turned on and you won't have any communication with a scan tool. Have either of these things been checked?