Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Caravan SE: 2002 caravan 3.3L 95500k miles took trip to coast

Customer Question

2002 caravan 3.3L 95500k miles took trip to coast van drove well(221miles) stop at walmart.Came out tried to start van cranks but wont start.Went back to walmart and some starter fliud.Sprayed some into intake and started right up and ran great till next stop.Again cranks no start.Sound like its not getting any gas.Spray starter fliud start up and van runs normal.So now I have to start with starter fliud each time.No codes have code reader.checked all fuse and all fuses good.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. This condition is most likley caused by a bad fuel pump. I would be willing to bet that the fuel pump is starting to go bad causing fuel pressure to leak back into the fuel tank when the engine is off. Replace the fuel pump and you will be good to go!!
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Amedee