sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge Truck Ram 1500: I have 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 The ignition

Customer Question

I have 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 The ignition turn on and engine states but the radio, signal lights or windshield wipers don't come on what be the problem?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem could be quite a few things but if all of these items stopped working at exactly the same time then I would first suspect the ignition switch. All of these items rely on ignition switched power feeds to operate. Ignition switch failures on these weren't uncommon and there would often be heat damage to the switch connector requiring it to be replaced at the same time.
If these items stopped working independently of each other then you have multiple issues going on but I'm assuming that isn't the case. Did everything stop at once?
All fuses in the power distribution center and junction block have been checked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All three stop at once and all fuse and has been check
Is there any heat damage to the ignition switch connector or wiring?