sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dakota: I have a 2007 dodge Dakota that just had the engine

Customer Question

I have a 2007 dodge Dakota that just had the engine block replaced. Popping a P2074 code. It's very difficult to start and to keep it running you have to be on the gas pedal. It's not getting enough air into the cylinders for some reason and I can't figure it out. Replaced the tps, MAP sensor and have taken off the intake manifold and replaced the gasket. Went over all of the clamps and bolts and checked over all of the tubing for the intake to make sure it wasn't a vacuum leak. Took off the timing chains to make sure it wasn't a timing issue and replaced the EGR sensor along with one of the manifolds because it was warped. Don't really know what else it could be and any help would be nice. Thanks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
P2074 sets when there is a correlation issue between the MAP sensor and TPS signal, a large vacuum leak has been detected. This sets when MAP vacuum is substantially lower than it should be with a low throttle angle. The most likely causes for this would be the TPS, MAP sensor or an actual vacuum leak.
Why was the engine replaced?
Has MAP vacuum on a scan tool been checked against a mechanical gauge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine was replaced due to a piston pin breaking and cracking the cylinder wall. The TPS and MAP sensors have both been replaced twice and the gaskets from the intake manifold up have all been replaced along with checking for any holes in the manifold and the intake box. I have checked the sensor on the scanner against an analog pressure gauge and it's showing correctly.
Has the TPS signal been verified correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
What is the TPS voltage with the throttle closed?