sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge ram 1509 4x4 sport: I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 4x4

Customer Question

I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 4x4 my obd2 plug and my accy power port(extra cig lighter) do not have power I have checked all fuses and can not find out why
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! These circuits are unrelated, you have a separate issue going on with each system. If fuses are good then the data link connector not having power is going to be a wiring issue, the outlet not working could either be wiring or the outlet itself. The data link connector receives power from the IOD circuit along with the radio, power locks and interior lights. Do these all work?Does the lighter work?Have you used a test light to check for power and ground at the outlet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used a test light and checked all of the fuses. The cig lighter does work but someone before me ran a power wire from constant on radio to power the cig lighter. The interior lights work but not when I shut the truck off and get out. Everything else works except for the accesory outlet and the obd2 plug
Does it have an aftermarket radio?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and they did use an aftermarket plug and did not hardwire it. I use to install radios,alarms,remote starts etc... I know with some of the dodges there is 2 different plugs that can be used but I've been out of it so long I'm don't know if this is the cheap one thay you have to know what your doing or not.
Is there power on the pink wire at the radio?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is the one they ran off for the actual cig light
Have you determined whether it's power or ground that you're missing at the outlet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've checked all pins on obd2 and positive on accy port with test light and nothing lit it up
Do you have power at fuse L in the power distribution center? Have you replaced the fuse with a known good one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to check tomorrow. There wasn't a fuse in position 20 which was marked for cig lighter in fuse block on side of dash but it did not change anything
I'm showing fuse 15 in the box inside should be for the lighter.Let me know what you find when you're able to.