sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Ram: My 2005 Ram The Tilt wheel is all the way up I turn lever

Customer Question

My 2005 Ram The Tilt wheel is all the way up I turn lever but will not move
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! If the lever will not move it could be a problem with the lever itself or the cable that connects it to the tilt mechanism, it could be something foreign lodged in the column, or it could be the tilt mechanism itself. Unless there is something foreign blocking movement or an issue you can repair without replacement parts, repairing the issue would require replacing the steering column.If you haven't already, try pulling up and down on the steering wheel with one hand while trying to move the tilt lever with the other.IF that doesn't produce any results then what you'll need to do is remove the steering column shroud and inspect the lever, cable and tilt mechanism, and you can try to move the tilt mechanism manually with a screwdriver and see if you can get it to release.