Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Dakota: 2002 Dodge DakotaProblem: With Air-conditioning turned

Customer Question

2002 Dodge Dakota
Problem: With Air-conditioning turned off, the climate control system will blow warm air even when the temperature control is set to "coolest". The shop says that the entire air control box requires replacement with about six hours of labor. Any possibility of a more economical fix?
Air-conditioning seems to fine when switched on.
Thanks in advance
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris,
Thank you for your response. My need is not urgent and I can afford to wate a bit if you have more pressing issues in the que.
Derrick
So with the AC on, the evaporator lines are wet and freezing cold?If so that means the concern is the blend door. the door is stuck or broken, or the actuator has failed. Assuming the diag has been done for this quote that means they have determined the door is broken. You may be able to fix it with JB WELD thought it will still require dis assembly to gain access. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris