Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The ETC light is on, And my 2007 ram 1500 5.7 has a hard time

Customer Question

The ETC light is on, And my 2007 ram 1500 5.7 has a hard time starting and has a surging in the engine with no power and code P0330. Would the knock sensor be the problem, or fuel delivery causing the P0330, P2111, P2122, P0642?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still need help
0330 most commonly does in fact mean the knock sensor is bad as long as there are no air fuel ratio concerns or a spark knock physically occurring.2111, 2122, 0642 normally means the oil pressure sensor is bad or the wire harness near the oil filter is shorted to the block. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replaced both knock sensors and camshaft sensor, still have same problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also the charging light is on and blinks when the engine surges
Is there a physical spark knock occurring?Any other codes?Would you like the diag steps for these codes?