sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge Ram 1500: I have three different codes come up on my

Customer Question

I have three different codes come up on my on my check engine light P0405also P1521 and P0700 +P0406
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! P0405 and 406 are both for the EGR valve's internal position sensor. These could be the valve itself a wiring issue, EGR position sensor codes require replacement of the EGR valve nearly 100% of the time on these. P1521 sets when the incorrect oil type is used. The engine controller monitors oil pressure and temperature and uses an algorithm to determine viscosity. This code sets when it determines the wrong viscosity of oil is being used. If anything but 5w20 is in the engine including any oil additive then this will set. P0700 sets in the engine controller when there are codes stored in the trans controller.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. I Appreciate your time and knowledge.
You're welcome!