Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

2006 Freightliner: i have 2006 3500 sprinter 230,000 miles.

Customer Question

i have 2006 3500 sprinter 230,000 miles. the ac compressor went bad and the dealer wanted $1,600.00 just for just the compressor.I installed myself. Worked for goodyear for 15 years but that was 35 years ago.
I went on line and got an aftermarket for $250.00 and that burned out in two days from lack of oil according to a A/C shop.He charged me $140.00
Went to O'Reillies got another Compressor and canister and had charged at Goodyear after install.Did install myself again
All during this the fan would come on when it wanted to sometimes high and sometimes low and sometimes not at all.I would be driving down the road and the fan would come on.I think its haunted.Maybe it needs and exorcism
Then I bought the resister that plugs in under the hood. and the fan motor still runs only when it wants to,Booo
Well today it started blowing hot air again and the fan is still doing its own thing.
Thinking I have a leak and can have that tested but what's up with the fan??? motor??? switch???
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. An intermittent fan motor is normally the fan motor itself. The brushes get worn out and intermittently lose contact with the armature... replacement of the blower motor normally fixes this concern... Keep me posted... Thank you, ***** ***** keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer. Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result o if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf... Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for good answers is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.
If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks!", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark My Profile Page (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it.
If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.
If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...
If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.
My goal is to answer your question to your complete satisfaction, and would like to earn your business now and in the future.
Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!
Robert