bill
bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert
5203640

Dodge ram 1500 quad cab: I have a 2003 dodge ram with vacuum

Customer Question

I have a 2003 dodge ram with vacuum leak garage guy said it's on the back side of the intake and u can only see it when the truck is on the lift looks like a 1/2 to 9/16 but no hose or anything an he didn't know what was supposed to go there if it was a hose or nipple or plug or what but that was for sure where the leak is. I don't wanna go to the dealer to pay 90$ for them to tell me the same thing an then pay extra to fix it I just mead to know what the part is
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
which engine is in the truck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4.7L v8
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
ok the only nipple on the rear of the intake is for the pcv hose the one that runs from the pcv valve on the oil filler, the valve is attached to a plastic tube that runs behind the intake to a 90 degree nipple that connects to the back of the intake the hose swells up and eventually falls off causing the leak, i'm surprised your "mechanic" didn't see that all he/she needed to do was look at the vacuum routing under the hood and it is quite a common thing on older higher mileage engines
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
if you need further help please let me know
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
I see you have not rated or responded as of yet, do you still need assistance?
if you have solved your problem please rate my service any positive rating gives me credit for the question and allows me to get paid for it, it also allows me to assist further if needed WITH THIS question for no further charges