Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Jeep grand Cherokee: I have a 2004 jeep grand cherokee 4L I6

Customer Question

I have a 2004 jeep grand cherokee 4L I6 with a 42re transmission. It started acting like I was taking off in second gear and I got code p1756. I could manually shift it into first. I went ahead and changed the master solenoid, the governor pressure sensor and solenoid. Put it all back together with a new filter & ATF+4, and now have a whole different problem. Now it is like it is stuck in second gear. I can however manually shift it into first, but it won't shift up it will go about 20-25 mph at about 3000 rpm, if you let off the gas you have to rev it back up to where it was for the tranny to grab.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  JacobTD replied 1 year ago.
https://youtu.be/TWXaoC3Qi7gThis is the trans going into limp mode. Its to prevent you from further damaging the trans.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already did what your video recommended. I also replaced the overdrive lock out solenoid (not shown in your video) I now do NOT get any error codes it says donE when you turn the key 3 times.