sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge: I have a 2003 Dodge Ram Laramie, the instrument cluster

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram Laramie, the instrument cluster is starting to act irradicately.
It shows being in drive and then goes out, the fuel gauges goes from full to empty and the other gauges quit also.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! It's posible that you ould have multiple issues going on but if you're having trouble with all or most of the gauges then most likely the failure is the instrument cluster itself. You coudl have a transmission range senor issue causing the PRNDL display problem or a fuel sender or wiring issue causing the fuel gauge to drop out, but if you're having issues with all gauges then it's going to be the cluster, a poor power or ground, or possibly a communication isue. Do all gauges stop working at the same time?Do all warning lights come on together? Have you checked for fault codes?