sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2003 dodge intrepid hit a dip hard enough to break

Customer Question

I have a 2003 dodge intrepid hit a dip hard enough to break oil pan car shut down immediately I changed the oil pan and put new oil and filter the problem is now the car wont turn over no crank no fuel pump but all the lights work dash lights fine I tried
the fuses and cant find the fuel shut off reset if there is one
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! If there was a hole in the oil pan and the engine died on it's own I would first suspect it ran out of oil and locked up but that wouldn't explain the fuel pump not running. If the fuel pump ins't running and the starter doesn't engage then that points to the powertrain control module not being awake. If it isn't awake it could be a loss of power or ground or an internal failure. Have fuses been checked?Do you have communication with the PCM using a scan tool or coe reader?Will the engine turn by hand with a socket on the crank damper bolt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuses have been checked and the engine is not locked up it will turn by hand haven't had a chance to put a scan tool on it
See if the PCM will communicate with a scan tool. If it doesn't communicate then it has either lost a power or ground feed or has failed. The powers and grounds should be load tested if no communication is found.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check that and let you know what happens
Sounds great!