Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Dodge 2500: i have very low power in my 5.9 dodge and the exhaust

Customer Question

i have very low power in my 5.9 dodge and the exhaust is very black it runs but has no excelleration power
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. Sounds like you may have blown a hose on the air intake system. This is likely causing loss of Turbo Boost and causing the black smoke and loss of power... My recommendation is to inspect the complete air intake system from the air cleaner to the turbo and from the turbo to intercooler and intercooler to intake manifold. Any leaks in these areas WILL cause this issue.. Inspect these areas and get back with me if you have additional questions.... Keep me posted... Thank you, Robert