Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

2006 dodge grand caravan battery light comes on when starting

Customer Question

2006 dodge grand caravan battery light comes on when starting engine 50% of the time, battery and alt. checkout fine, swap aso relay out,removed pcm and spray cleaned it and connector pins with spray cleaner, how do I check 5 volt from pcm to alt.
Submitted: 1 year ago via OnlineAutoRepair.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing can be caused by any of the following ,
Alternator
Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
Wiring Harness
In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to do some testing. See the steps to do so when the light is on. In most cases when the light comes on the computer should also set a fault code, if you can get the system scanned and retrieve the code that will be useful in narrowing down the problem as well.
Copy and paste the links to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Alt%20Jul%2020.pdf I have also enclosed the wiring diagram for reference .
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Charging%20system%20Jul%2020.pdf