I. Silva
I. Silva, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have been working on all makes and models for over 30 years.
46707633

Dodge ram 1500 4x4: 2005 dodge ram will not start no codes

Customer Question

2005 dodge ram will not start no codes
Category: Dodge
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.
Hello...welcome and thank you using justanswer.You need to check for spark and fuel to the engine.Try to spray intake cleaner into the throttle body to see if it runs for a few seconds or you can also bang on bottom of your fuel tank and at same time crank the engine to see if it starts...if it does, replace the fuel pump.Good luck.Let me know.Thank you.
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.
Does the engine crank when turning the ignition key to start the engine ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it crank's, fresh fuel pump about a year ago. Would the crank sensor cause this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And should I change the cam pos sensor at the same time. Also have intermittent multi cylinder misfires
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ...yes, I would try the crankshaft sensor as the first step ,it is very common for a no start and running rough situation.
Just in case ,like I said ,spray some intake cleaner into the throttle body to see if it runs for a few seconds , also ,make sure all the fuses are good.
Let me know.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome ....please rate my answer if I have help ,ask for additional info if needed.The crankshaft sensor is located on rear of the engine ,passenger side .Thank you.