sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2500 4x4 5.9l: Dead accelerator pedal problem began over a

Customer Question

Dead accelerator pedal problem began over a week ago. I replaced apps with new one from Diesel Auto Power with no results. Replaced old batteries and tried it again. Now, instead of staying at idle speed, it wants to go full throttle without touching the pedal. much worse situation. When scanned, it indicates electronic failure. I've been advised to do a pedal reset procedure. Gut feeling is bad apps since replacement has a pigtail not found on OEM sensor. Mine is a stock 2001 5.9l with 125,000 miles and has never had any problems previously so I've come to rely heavily on it. Without it, I'm out of work. Need help!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It's possible that the issue could be with the injector pump but since this started after replacing the APPS I would first suspect an issue with the replacement part or possibly wiring. If you had to replace the connector then it's possible it was wired incorrectly.
What P codes are setting currently?
Did the connector have to be cut off and wires spliced when replacing the sensor?