Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Dodge Dakota: Engine light on, P0700 is the trouble code. 2001

Customer Question

Engine light on, P0700 is the trouble code. 2001 Dakota 4x4, 4.7V8, transaxle control system? Where is it?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** P0700 is just an informational code, and means there is a problem in the trans axle control system, which consist of the wiring harness, the trans co nputer and the various sensord for the transmission, it also means there is a code stored in the trans computer, have you pulled codes for thetrans? what are you using to get the codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Using the three on and off ignition switch then code appears on odometer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
ok, using the ignition switch only reads engine codes , not the transmission codes, you need a scanner to read the trans codes, it will give a definative code showing where the problem is, it could be as simple as a sensor, but without knowing the codes in the transmission, it will be impossible to verify,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the original problem is fixed does the engine light stay on untill you reset it with scanner in the trans?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the codes will need to be cleared with a scanner to get the light off,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me so I can get credit for helping, thanks in advance,Tim