sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Durango: I was doing errands and suddenly my driver's door

Customer Question

I was doing errands and suddenly my driver's door master lock went dead. The fob had no result either. I hear no noise from the doors when I try either. they do lock manually from inside and out. also, the day lights will not go off because the alarm isn't activated.
At the same time the locks went dead a light came on my dashboard "Service 4WD" I've never seen this light before so it must be related to the locks going out?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If you've lost power locks at the same time the service four wheel drive light cam on and the lights are staying on then you have an issue with the central timer module. the CTM is the module in the left kick panel which controls many of the electrical items on the truck.
It wasn't uncommon for CTM's to lock up electrically and come back at least temporarily with a power cycle. What I would recommend is disconnecting the battery or the TM itself an see if the problems go away. If they o go away but the problems returned then replacing the CTM will be the permanent repair.