Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

Dodge Grandcaravan: I have a 2006 dodge grand caravan, fans

Customer Question

I have a 2006 dodge grand caravan, fans not turning on. had it checked by mechanic, he said i need to replace fan relay. I did that and the fan still does not go on. checked wire harness to confirm power is getting to relay. it is. I checked the connections at the fans may have a possible short in wiring to fan. I need a diagram to confirm wiring layout. if you have any other advise it would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.I am attaching a diagram for your reference.The Orange/Red wire should have battery voltage at all times. The Dark Blue/Dark Green wire is the output of the relay and it goes to the cooling fans. The Black/Dark Green wire should be grounded at all times. The Dark Blue/Violet is the control wire. To test the relay, jumper the Dark Blue/Violet at the relay to ground and if the Dark Blue/Dark Green wire does not have battery voltage, replace the cooling fan relay. If the relay tests good and all wires to it test good check for power and ground at the fan and if there is power and ground the fan is bad.