Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I'm having issues installing front struts on a 2002 dodge

Customer Question

I'm having issues installing front struts on a 2002 dodge stratus se I've replaced the complete strut assembly upper ball joints and the lower a arm assembly now only issue is the lower bracket on the struts looks like a u shaped bracket bolts to the lower
a arm keeps hitting the lower a arm I've tried either side and only go one way so the caliper doesn't hit it also this my wife's car and have a 1 yr old baby I need this car driveable asap Thk you time and help
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
Hello,So you are having trouble getting the holes on the lower strut bracket to line up with the holes on the steering knuckle?
look at the diagram below and where the red mark is.....is that where you cant get it to fit? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/strut.PNG
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well kinda I do have all bolts in but it hits the lower a arm guess what's called where the bushing for sway bar bolt through the bracket hits there no matter if it's on the jack in air or off the jack
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No this is not the set up on this car I've had many issues getting right parts and etc just to get back to this is a 4 door stratus se
Thanks,
That makes a difference if it's a sedan...let me get another diagram be right back.
Does this look like what you have? If so maybe you can tell me better where it's hitting https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/strut2.PNG
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is it now where that bracket goes over the axle that's the bracket hitting the lower control arm there's also a bushing comes up through there and that's where the bracket on bottom of strut hits lower control arm
Thanks but i wish i had more diagrams that would show where you are talking about but i dont so i will have to opt out and let someone else help if they can. It's SOO hard to visualize this without seeing it. If someone else can help you will be notified....sorry and good luck!!
LJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I understand this car as been a real pain and I just want everything right I got on over my head on this one thk u tho for trying
You are welcome....just a thought but if you can make a video of it and post the link to it. It would really help....
Best wishes my friend!
LJ