sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Durango: The Left rear signal is out on my 2004 Dodge durango

Customer Question

The Left rear signal is out on my 2004 Dodge durango hemi limited. I have checked the bulbs and they are all good.
Any idea what might be causing this...I also checked the fuses.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem may be a handful of things. I'm assuming the bulbs were either tested or replaced with known good ones.
The problem could be in the lamp housing circuit board. The electrical connector is centrally located and the circuit board makes electrical connection between it and the bulbs. It isn't uncommon for an open circuit in the board to cause loss of a light.
It could be a wiring issue. The turn signals are controlled by the front control module. An open circuit on the left rear turn signal circuit anywhere from the FCM and the rear or a short to ground will cause the turn signal to not work.
The problem could also be in the junction block, the fuse box in the left kick panel. The circuit runs through the junction block and back out before going to the lamp.