Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

Will a bad battery prevent my cars anti-thief system from

Customer Question

Will a bad battery prevent my cars anti-thief system from disablING ? I have a 2012 dodge charger and I can unlock the car but it won't disable the security system the security light keeps blinking and I found out today that my battery is bad
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.A bad battery should not cause the immobilizer to not work but it is possible. When the voltage to the modules is low they can do some funky stuff. Its definitely worth replacing the battery and seeing if it cures your immobilizer problems before getting it towed to a shop to check that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea when I get in vehicle everything lights up and the key is detected but the security lights stays blinking in the dash and when I try to start it with button the car turns off.
And today I was told my battery is bad
I think if the battery is bad there is a good chance a new battery will solve your issues but its tough to say. Cars will exhibit some odd behavior with a bad battery. You could try hooking jumper cables to another car to get the voltage up to the proper level and see if that fixes it before you spend the money on a battery.