sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Ram 2500 w/ 5.9 24V cummin: Replaced APPS pedal problem,

Customer Question

Replaced APPS for dead pedal problem, now has no power, won't go up a hill in 5th
It is like 3/4 of the pedal does nothing, no chuff no surge,no guts. Showing 0.681 @ idle and 3.856 @ full throttle. Any ideas?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It's definitely possible that the chip is causing the problem, that sort of aftermarket equipment does often cause driveability problems. It would be a god idea to disconnect it for testing and see if the problem goes away.
Outside of that you may have a turbo related issue, boost leak, lack of fuel, an injector pump or MAP sensor issue.
The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see what fault codes are setting. Do you know what codes are currently setting with the replacement APPS installed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unless any of those things happen instantly while the engine is not running, I doubt it. Chip has worked flawlessly for 13 years, even thru both batteries being all the way dead and or disconnected. As for codes, don't have a code reader, don't want one.
The first step in diagnosing the problem is seeing what fault codes are setting. There are dozens of things that can cause these symptoms; it may be necessary to monitor data. Do you have something like an Autozone? Most will read codes for free.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No check engine light, (new apps!) have appt for diagnosis, not that I trust the dealer who I know for a fact is a crook.
Let me know if you need any more help.