sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Ram 2500: my name is ***** ***** a 2006 ram diesel that

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** a 2006 ram diesel that I disconnected the two pcm to check why it didn't send signal to the a/c compressor, everything looked fine when I connected the pcm and now its cranked but it wouldn't start. I want to know if somebody could help me with that, and now the check engine light is flashing. Thank you
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the problem is truly a result of disconnecting the ECM connectors then I would firs suspect a bent terminal. A terminal on the controller may have been accidentally bent or a terminal in one of the connectors may have been pushed out. It may be a coincidence that it isn't starting after disconnecting it and that's not actually related.
Does the transfer pump run when the key is first turned on and have you checked the ECM for communication?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I did was check the fuses and 2 of 30 amps were burned I replaced them and now the truck is working fine. Thank you
Great, I'm glad to hear it!