Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

Dodge 3500 5.9 Diesel: I have a '05 dodge 3500 5.9 that is

Customer Question

I have a '05 dodge 3500 5.9 that is running hot when I pull my camper trailer. I had it to a garage and they told me the wiring was bad going to the fan clutch. Is there any way that I could get a fan clutch that would stay locked up all the time so the engine would stay cool. It cost a lot to have the wiring traced. I have had problems with this truck for some time on different things. Heater motor, cigarette lighter, auxillary power output, etc.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.You can convert them to a mechanical fan from a v10 ram. A google search will find numerous write ups that people have done over the years. That is about your only option.. I dont believe anyone makes a mechanical conversion kit or anything for it.