sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Durango: all interior lights on my 2005 Durango work individually

Customer Question

all interior lights on my 2005 Durango work individually but will not work from dash switch or when doors open. any ideas??
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem could be wiring or possibly a blown fuse but if all lights quit working at the same time odds are the problem is in the instrument cluster. The cluster supplies power to the courtesy lights.
If the power locks and radio don't work either then a blown IOD fuse is likely. Are the lights the only thing not working?
Have you tried a battery disconnect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lights are the only thing not working and yes I have tried the battery disconnect
It will take some electrical testing but most likely the instrument cluster will need to be replaced. The cluster will need to be removed, the circuit tested for a short to ground, and if ok then the circuit can be powered from the cluster connector to ensure the wiring is good. If the cluster won't power the lights, the circuit isn't shorted and they can be powered from the cluster connector then it can be condemned.