Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Dodge Ram 2500: I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MegaCab with the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MegaCab with the Diesel. The factory alarm will not shut off. I have used the keys on the door, started it and put it in gear, still sounds. I also disconnected both batteries for over an hour. Same thing.
Note that the turn signals were acting up also, the indicator for them on the interior was not blinking correctly even though the exterior lites were correct both sides.
Also the air bag light on Dash will come on intermitently.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure its not an aftermarket alarm?When the alarm is going off, is it the horn sounding off, are interior and or exterior lights flashing?When purposely setting off the alarm, is it different than whats occurring now?
Using the info I have so far.If there is no aftermarket alarm then the BCM is the most likely cause. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris