sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge Ram: My 2009 Dodge wont turn over. It started a couple

Customer Question

My 2009 Dodge wont turn over. It started a couple of times then dies now the glow plug light is flashing
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the engine started, ran for two seconds and died abruptly three times and locked the starter out then the problem involves the SKIM system which uses a transponder in the key that has to be validated for the engine to run. If you aren't seeing a damaged or incorrect key message then it may be a module or communication issue rather than the key itself.
If it didn't' die abruptly like the key was shut off then it may be a fuel delivery issue or possibly contaminated fuel.
Have you tried a second key?
Have you checked for fault codes?